Sculpture Architect #4061
Manufacturer Werkstätte Carl Auböck
Founded as a metal workshop for girdling and chasing back in the 19th century, the traditional Carl Auböck workshop is still placed in its original Viennese townhouse in the 7th district. In the years of its foundation the workshop mainly produced the so called ,Wiener Bronzen'. In 1926 the workshop was passed on from father to son, Carl Auböck II, who gave it new ideas - the beginning of the typical Auböck design. Together with his son Carl Auböck III, who cultivated friendships with influential designers like Walter Gropius, Herbert Bayer, Charles and Ray Eames, they worked for Hermes and Píerre Cardin amongst others. His design career reached the top at the Triennale di Milano 1954, where he received four gold medals for his work.
Lead time 2 - 4 weeks